Announcements for October 11th
The Mountain Mission Truck will be stopping by this week. You are invited to bring any items you would like to donate to Mountain Mission to church with you on Sunday or to stop by on Monday and get buzzed in during office hours. Please place all items in the Gathering Place Coat closet.
At this time, the following are considered emergency needs for this ministry: winter clothing for men, women and children, Halloween Costumes, children’s shoes and socks & underwear.
Nursery is Available During Worship
The nursery is open for children ages 4 and under during worship. Children can be dropped off in the nursery beginning at 9:45 am. Families should first check-in at the Connection Center (near our main entrance) to obtain a check-in sticker for their child(ren). Upon arriving in the nursery, each child will have their temperature taken. Masks for children 3 and 4 years old may be removed while they are inside the nursery space. Masks are not required for kids 2 and under within the church building. Childcare workers will wear masks in the nursery.
Children’s Church has Reopened!
Kids ages 4 years – 3rd grade are invited to participate in Children’s Church, which begins after the Children’s Moment in our worship service. Additionally, we will have a Family Worship Space for families who may choose to worship together there, instead of in the Sanctuary. To learn more about Children’s Church protocols and our Family Worship Space, please watch this video.urch
Drive-thru Trunk or Treat
We will be hosting a Drive-thru Trunk or Treat this year on Saturday, October 24 from 5-6:30 pm. You are invited to decorate your trunk and pass out candy along our parking lot parade route. More details click on this link.
Operation Christmas Child
Don’t forget to pick up your Operation Christmas Child shoebox in the Gathering Place. Over the past fourteen years, Florence UMC has been collecting Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes. You are invited to join us again this year to support this ministry that puts the word of the Gospel in the hands of children all around the world! Thanks to the Wesleyan Women for organizing this outreach. Boxes are due November 8th. Click here for more details.
Read a our latest edition of the Community Connection.
- To attend in-person worship, please note face masks are required while inside the building, you will be expected to check-in with name and contact information and we ask that you maintain social distance with those outside of your family group.
- Watch this video to view what to expect upon arrival on Sunday.
- Children, 4 years-3rd grade, are invited to attend Children’s Church during worship. Immediately following the “Children’s Moment” in worship service they should go with Pastor Anna and kids ministry volunteers to our gym for a special worship made just for them! To learn more about this, please watch this video.
- For further details, please review plans and guidelines for in-person worship.
Online Worship, Sundays at 10 am
- We encourage every individual and family to make worship plans according to what is comfortable for their situation. No matter where we sit for worship on Sunday, we will worship as one body of Christ and one faith community.
- To worship online, we will continuing broadcasting on Facebook. You can like our Facebook Page and to stay up-to-date with our activities and worship plans OR you can check back at THIS page each week and click the sermon image graphic (above) and this will take you directly to our online worship service.
Kids ages 4 years – 3rd grade are invited to participate in Children’s Church, which begins after the Children’s Moment in our worship service. Additionally, we will have a Family Worship Space for families who may choose to worship together there, instead of in the Sanctuary. To learn more about Children’s Church protocols and our Family Worship Space, please watch this video.
On Sunday evenings, starting September 13th, we will have a kids program called, “Bible in the Wild” Kids Club where kids will have fun finding out what the Animal Kingdom can teach us about God’s Kingdom. Please sign up here…AND adults and youth – during this same time there are groups for you to participate in also! For more information about “Bible in the Wild” Kids Club, contact Pastor Anna.
Youth group is returning to Sunday Nights now that school is in session. Youth will be each Sunday evening from 6-7:15 pm. This fall we will not have a snack supper, but we will have a devotion, games and fun together.
Contact Pastor Matt to make sure you are in the loop for communication about these weekly events.
For the fall we are hosting a churchwide study. All groups will be discussing Timothy Keller’s book, “Gospel in Life.” We hope you can be part of these conversations. If you are unable to join a group at this time, but would like to explore this material on your own, please contact Christy Blundy, Director of Discipleship & Outreach Ministries.