Announcements for January 17th
Worship Night: January 24th at 7 pm in the Sanctuary
Join the praise team for a special hour of worship together. This will be a time of worship, prayer and scripture reflection for the whole family. View this special video invite here
. All Covid-19 safety protocols for Sunday Worship will apply.
Children and Youth Bible Studies
Pastor Anna is leading a Children’s Bible Study on Zoom every Wednesday night…it began this past week and 20 kids and parents connected! They would to invite even more kids (parents too) to join them next week…so sign up here or contact Pastor Anna for more details.
Pastor Matt is leading an online study for youth on Thursday evenings. Youth, kids in grades 6-12 are invited to join them connecting with one another and in God’s Word each week. Email Pastor Matt for the Zoom link if you know a youth who wants to join them.
- We offer two worship services: 9 am Traditional Worship and 11 am Contemporary Worship
- To attend in-person worship, please note face masks are required while inside the building, you will be expected to check-in with name and contact information and we ask that you maintain social distance with those outside of your family group.
- Watch this video to view what to expect upon arrival on Sunday.
- For further details, please review plans and guidelines for in-person worship.
Online Worship is Livestreamed for each service
- Join us for worship at our services at both 9 and 11 am on Sunday mornings. We begin the livestream about 10 minutes prior to service so you can settle in and connect with others who will also be worshipping together with you, and us, online.
- We encourage every individual and family to make worship plans according to what is comfortable for their situation. No matter where we sit for worship on Sunday, we will worship as one body of Christ and one faith community.
- To worship online, we will continuing broadcasting on Facebook. You can like our Facebook Page and to stay up-to-date with our activities and worship plans OR you can check back at THIS page each week and click the sermon image graphic (above) and this will take you directly to our online worship service.
At this time there is no Children’s Church during worship on Sunday, however kids are welcome to worship with their family in the Sanctuary.
Kids Bible Study Starting – Word KIDS
Beginning January 13 at 7 pm, Pastor Anna will be leading Word Kids, a 5-week Wednesday night Kids Bible study on Zoom. Each session will last around 45 minutes. We’re going to do some fun science activities and crafts while learning stories from the life of Jesus and making friends. Occasionally, I’ll deliver some supplies to you that your child will need to participate. This study will be primarily for elementary age kids, but younger kids can participate if they have an adult or older sibling to join them.
You can sign up for Word Kids HERE.
If you have questions about Children’s Ministry, please contact Pastor Anna for more information.
Youth group has paused to honor the health and safety of our family and friends. To continue to stay up-to-date on youth news, please contact Pastor Matt.
Groups are primarily meeting online right now at various times throughout the week. Please contact Christy Blundy, Director of Discipleship & Outreach Ministries for more information.
Right Now Media is a collection of discipleship resources for you to work through as an individual, with your family or small group. As a member or friend of Florence UMC, we have purchased a gift subscription to RNM for you! Sign up here.